First, I have failed to do physical therapy for my knees (yet...) but Blake has graciously taken over the ASUYDRC as President Pro-Tem. I think it's just him right now, but I've heard Andrew is interested in resuming membership.
Some political news: if you haven't already heard the fabulous Arizona Legislature voted last week to pass the budget proposal put forward by Russell Pearce and John Kavanagh (woo hoo) which seriously cuts funding for education and many other programs. For the fiscal year 2009, ASU has to take a $140 million cut when they went to the Legislature and told them that they could withstand cutting $100 million. We have already seen some of the effects here, as everyone who works at ASU is taking furloughs, where they give up pay for several days throughout the semester. I think it adds up to people loosing about 10-15% of their pay check.
On a lighter note, if you didn't already know, Barack Obama is a pretty cool President.
I went up to Snowbowl last Saturday (they let me in!) and had two massive wipeouts. The first one, I was going way to fast down a black diamond, caught an edge on my board because my boots weren't tight enough, did a face plant, flipped onto my back, then slid down the mountain so that my board was dragging in the snow in front of me and spraying snow in my face. My goggles almost broke, but I didn't care because my face was so cold from the snow. Later in the day, I wiped out again, but this time I fell on my back, banged my head on the ground, and suffered the effects of whiplash in my neck for the next couple of days. I'm fine now, just have some cuts on the bridge of my nose where I smacked into the ground.
YD is going pretty well. We had a shit ton of people at the first meeting, but then there was a massive drop off at the second meeting. We're planning a BBQ for next Friday after the meeting to hopefully draw in those potential new members. There are some new faces that stuck around, though, and they are pretty cool.
Sarah Aagard has stepped up as membership director, and is helping to fill my void that should be filled with Heidi and Brynna.
I'm doing yoga again, with Kathy. But it's not the same without you guys.
I started taking Spanish again, my professor is kind of scary though.
Oh man, I almost forgot, I got my first tattoo last week! It's a picture of a treble clef, and inside the large circular part is the image of a peace sign. It's on my left shoulder. I want to get another one, but I don't know of what.
I think that's all for now... I sure do love reading your updates. Heidi, I need your address! You too Brynna! And you too Wylie!
Much love from the valley of the sun (oh yeah Brynna, the high today was 82 degrees),
Erica
4 comments:
Erica I miss you tons and tons and tons! I'm so happy you got to go to Snowball :)
AND THAT YOU GOT THE TATTOO!!!!! YAY! I give it two thumbs up. That was totally a good choice. Post pictures!
Tell Sarah that I am very very happy that she is carrying on the Membership torch so well and that I apologize for leaving her in possession of a lot of random dollars and coins. Oops.
Also, please encourage Blake and Andrew to testosterone-up the ASUYDRC. And make them recruit one more guy to join them and you me and Brynna can challenge them to a 3 on 3 obstacle course in August! Which we'll win, duh.
Oh and thank you much for the good dream wishes! I have not had a nightmares since that one thankfully :)
I miss you so much -- you NEED to get skype so we can talk! I just talked to Brynna in Prague and Wyn in Tucson and it was so exciting! So get skype and a microphone so we can talk!
And my mailing address is:
FSD
c/o Heidi TenPas
PO Box 1722
Jinja, Uganda
Shipping is probably expensive but if you discover something worth mailing (like a half-eaten wheat thin perhaps?) then I would love love love to hear from you!
MZUNGU BYE! (That's how kids say bye to white people here haha)
Also: START PHYSICAL THERAPY SILLY.
And: send my love to Kathy and the Magic Circle (if you've taken Pilates with her you'll know what that is!)
And: send my hate to the Arizona State Legislature
okay bye!
Erica, Erica. I would have to disagree with you - Tempe sounds utterly exciting. However I am quite angry that you haven't started your physial therepy. You need to be back in running condition by the time I get back. I want to run the marathon next year and I need a buddy! I have some suggestions for future tatoos:
1. Heidi and I
2. A pinapple
3. Jimminy Cricket
So here's my address in case anyone wanted to send me a knick-knack. Make sure to put Lucie's name next to mine.
Brynna Nichols/ Lucie Palenska
Obeti 6. Kvetna 553/2
Praha 4, Czech Republic
Post a Comment