Friday, February 27, 2009

Born, born, born, born to be aliiiive


Hello again my faraway friends!!! Here are some random photos, including some I would like to dedicate to the Born To Be Alive crew, because I loved Brynna's dedications and I will therefore piggyback off her brilliant idea. Leave it to Brynna to come up with the most brilliant ideas!





Fulfilling my ambassadorial duties as a proud Obamamaniac.





For Erica, the cutest little puppy I found in this village but couldn't pet because I hadn't finished my rabies shots yet. I saw him and after going awww I thought "PULL OVER! THERE'S PUPPIES IN THE TRUNK!!!!" Then I thought, I really wish I could magically transport Erica here to adopt him and give him lots of love so he will not be a wild rabid beast when he grows up





For Wylie: The Gandhi memorial at the source of the Nile where some of Gandhi's ashes were released. I only show you this so you can feel guilty about the violence you are inflicting upon those pigs whose blood you are drinking... Haha TOTALLY KIDDING!





For Brynna: COW TONGUE YUMMMMMY. This is what people really enjoy, i.e. reason number one why my host family thinks I'm really really weird for not eating their numerous meat things. And why I really really wish sometimes that we could walk down the street to get a Cheesy Gordita Crunch, or at least a plain old burrito.





Matooke!!!!! (the raw version that is) This is where I get at least 80% of my calories from.



More to come.
Also update: WE PLANTED OUR FIRST TREES YESTERDAY!!! Most exciting day of my life EVER. Probably even more exciting for Patrick and the women though -- they were soooo happy it made me want to cry tears of joy but instead I just danced a lot and hugged them a lot.
Bye! Much love to y'all!

4 comments:

Blairez said...

Wow these are really really cool! I am expecting a 10-hour slide show upon your return. No intermission.

Awww that puppy looks so sad! :( My dad has 8 new puppies right now! He got them at 6 weeks, so we only have them for a little while. I get to carry one around at the Arizona Animal Welfare League Gala next Saturday to convince people to adopt it.

And we NEED to have a skype date now! My skype name is blairez. I'll be at the YDAZ convention all day tomorrow, you should totally skype me then (if you get this by then). I'll be logged on whenever I can while I'm there.

Brynna said...

yucky tongues!! The only thing close to that here are the steet meat stands. They have every sort of sausage possible. I go to them to buy fried cheese sandwiches though.

Since I'm on the subject of food, I thought I would share with you a few fun facts about Nutella that I have discovered in the past week.

1. Never buy generic brand Nutella.
2. Nutella is only 50 Kc - which is half the price of Nutella in the US.
3. Nutella comes in glass jars here.
4. Nutella makes everything taste better.
5. I may or may not have just eaten half a jar of Nutella straight from the jar.
6. Our number of Nutella nights needs to increase when we get back.

Blairez said...

OH MY GOSH NUTELLA. Nutella is so much better when not bought in the US. You should mail yourself a box full of nutella when you get back here.

And yeah, nutella does make everything taste better. I don't blame you for eating half a jar of nutella (I would do the same).

I am so jealous of you Brynna. You must be having the time of your life. H&M and Nutella, what more could you ask for? (Besides getting to physically hang out w/ me and Heidi and Wylie?)

Heidi said...

Awww you guys make me smile! Even more than Nutella makes me smile (that is, if I could actually find some...)

Haha so funny you bring up Nutella because my friend Kate here heard that Nutella tastes reeeaaally good on Chapati (because it tastes good on everything duhh) and so she's been looking in every "supermarket" (that is what they are called but they are more like the equivalent of a 7 Eleven in both size and product selection) for a thing of Nutella and has yet to find any. So I am all for dramatically increasing our consumption of Nutella upon our triumphant return to America. I am fully in support of you shipping back mass quantities of Nutella from Europe, Brynna, and I will pitch in for us to have the real good stuff!

And Erica we will skype sooooon!! If you get this message in time, I am going to try to get on the internet at around 6pm-7pm this evening or a little earlier (that's from 8-9 in the morning for you or maybe 7:45... hope you're awake... haha) -- I'll be going to this magical coffee my friend Sacha discovered because it has WiFi and the most incredible brownie I've ever had in my life (which was a very welcome surprise because I've been in dire chocolate withdrawal ever since my stash ran out).

And I want to see your dad's new batch of puppies!! Send me pictures of the little one you get to show off next weekend!!

Byebye! My boss caught me on here whoops. Miss you guys!