Monday, June 15, 2009

DC is the city for me


I've decided I belong here. Everyone here is intelligent (for the most part), everyone cares about and understands politics (for the most part), everyone runs, and I love public transit!

Even though I'm sitting at a desk most of the day looking at a computer screen, I'm really enjoying my work. Of course I'm doing all the cool "interny" things like answering phones, sorting mail, and data entry, but that's what I signed up for, so I'm doing the best I can do. Working 9-6 M-F is certainly a new experience though. It makes the days fly by like crazy (it's June 15th now? Wait what?).

Cool things I did last weekend: Softball game - Capital Scholars vs. ASU Alumni team (I hope when I graduate I can find a cool alumni sports league to join). And I scored a run! Went to a gay dance club because it was pride week last week. Went to Ben's Chili Bowl after getting distracted by a random protest about the Iranian elections that passed by my dorm.

Sorry for the short and belated entry, but I'm exhausted. I'll try to write more later and more often.


No comments: