I could estimate that I started growing my hair out in January of 2008, and it is now May of 2009. Since then, it doesn't seem like I've made much progress. My hair barely touched my shoulders, because I had kept getting it trimmed so it wouldn't turn into a mullet while I was growing out the shortest layers.
But, you see, my hair is so darn thick that even at this length (which I consider pretty long), it took at least 20 minutes to dry with my hair dryer. Frustrated by the amount of time I seemed to be wasting and slow-growing efforts, I decided that it was time for this hair-growing journey to end.
Today, I had the scissors and razor taken to my locks, and what resulted was a similar style I have sported before. Except this time, it is "Anne Hathaway" brown (as Alexa likes to call it).
Today: new shoes, new hair, new look for DC. I leave on Sunday, and I'm so stoked! But I feel so underprepared, I feel like there's not enough time left for me here in Tempe. I guess there's not much I can do now, except make sure that my fishes are properly cared for.
If there's one thing I've learned from this journey, it is that I'm never going to try and grow my hair out again.

1 comment:
Yay! It's SO SO SO CUTE! You are so totally DC. Fresh new hair for a fresh new experience... can't beat that :)
Post a Comment