Hey everyone! I just realized today that I only have one week left in the incredible city of Prauge (although I will be in Europe another two weeks traveling to Italy with my mom and to Spain to see Ian and my friend Angelina). I have horribly mixed up feelings about leaving Prague after living here for four months and it becoming my home. On the one hand, I really do miss my family and friends in the USA and I can't wait to see them again. On the other hand, I don't want to leave this beautiful city. Prague is such a complex city with so many dimensions that it is hard to grasp all of it at once. I think even after a lifetime of living here, people still haven't discovered everything. Prague reveals itself to you slowly. The longer you are here, the deeper connection you gain with the city, the people, the language and everything else you can imagine. For lack of a better way to express my feelings about the transition back to the USA, I'm resorting to the Heidi inspired list.
Things I am going to miss about Prague
Saying "Dobry den" at least ten time a day
Coming home every day and being greeted at the door with a cheerful "Ahoj!"
Smezeny Syr sandwiches
Beer for about $1 a half liter
Walking home late at night through deserted streets and feeling completely safe
Discovering new places and paths through the city
My favorite run that takes me from my house through the suburbs, to the Czech Television Station, through a park to the top of a hill that overlooks the whole city, down the hill on a staircase that passes through an old neighborhood, passing by a beer garden where people are playing volleyball, to the river, along the river, across a bridge to Petrin Hill. (and then taking the metro home because I ran too far to go back)
Things I am NOT going to miss about Prague
Smelly men in confined public transportaion
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ohhh you are finally leaving your home -- that is so crazy! I am right with you on the mixed emotions. It's the strangest thing to make somewhere your home and then before you know it you have to say goodbye. Prague sounds like such a cool place. You can keep going back and discovering more of its layers... until then have the time of your life this last week and eat lots of cheesy cheesy cheese goodness for me! :)
Wow that run sounds amazing! You'll have to take me there sometime!
Post a Comment